Good water management practices
Hyperion Plumbers East Rand - Good water management practices
As the possibility of level 3 water restrictions become a reality in South Africa, it becomes imperative to start saving water and ensure that you have no hidden leaks in your home.
Water saving tips include
- Turn-off the tap while brushing teeth, shaving or soaping hands.
- Take shorter showers and use less water if you bath.
- Fix leaks at home and report public water leaks to the Municipality.
- Always use a plugged-sink or bowl instead of a running tap.
- Install water saving devices on taps, toilets, showers & sprinklers.
- Insulate hot water pipes to reduce time waiting for water to heat up.
- Install aerators and flow-reducing valves on your taps.
- Install a water meter and monitor your use.
You are already practicing water saving techniques and you have a higher than usual water account? This could be due to a hidden leak or leaks in you home plumbing. Use the following plumbing leak detection process to ascertain whether you have a leak in your home.
Plumbing leak detection process
- Firstly, switch off all water consuming appliances.
- Switch off all taps including toilet systems
- Don't use water in the home for 30 minutes.
- Locate your water meter outside your home.
- Note the consumption at the time and take another reading 30 minutes later.
- Finally, if the consumption has increased be aware that you could have a plumbing leak in your home.
Even small leaks over time cause major damage to your home and wallet.
Ensure that you call professional plumbers such as Hyperion Plumbers East Rand to inspect your home for plumbing leaks using high-end leak detection equipment. This will minimize unnecessary excavation to your premises and pin-point the leak more accurately.
Hyperion Plumbers also offers the following services:
- Camera drainage inspection
- Plumbing repairs
- Commercial plumbing
- Plumbing installations
- Drain cleaning
- Blocked drains